Two Year Olds
Our Two year old students also have thirty minutes in the morning for circle time, or singing. Learning Activities are designed to foster emotional security and positive self-concept. Activities are structured to facilitate age appropriate physical and cognitive development in each toddler. The activities are organized and developed by the child’s typical routine. A large variety of toys, puzzles, books, and manipulatives, provide ample opportunity to develop skills and to discover new and exciting activities. The room is organized by centers. The toddler room is supplied with toddler-size furnishings and cots for nap time.
- The Child-Teacher Ratio that we adhere to is governed by State Requirements.
- Activities are both self and teacher-directed which includes hands on and group focused sessions.
- Our classroom has a large variety of toys and equipment that builds cognitive skills, and improves large and small motor skills.
- An age-appropriate playground provides safe climbing and riding activities to encourage the development of social and gross motor skills. Toddlers share this playground area throughout the day at specified times, weather permitting.
- A daily report and outgoing electronic communication keeps you current on your child’s foods and activities.
- At meal time, the two year olds join with the other students in our cafeteria. It gives them an opportunity to engage with each other and to learn proper table manners. The two year has mastered eating by their self.
- We work with parents to ensure that the students are trained to use the bathroom on their own.
- Remember to bring pull ups, underwear, wipes and change clothes; as needed.